- › More categories
Bedroom ceiling lights - Create the perfect place to unwind and relax
A bedroom without a decent ceiling light is incomplete. From making the bed and getting dressed to relaxing and unwinding after a long day at work, your bedroom always needs good lighting.
The bedroom is an oasis of calm in an otherwise busy world, it’s a place we retreat to when we need to rest – and lighting plays an important role here highlighting the cosiness of the room. Besides ceiling lights, other bedroom lights worth considering include bedside table lamps and furniture lights for wardrobes.
What kind of ceiling lights belong in the bedroom?
Bedrooms typically only have one ceiling connection. To provide enough light in larger rooms, multi-lamp ceiling lights are often used, with several light bulbs emitting light under one or several lampshades.
To figure out how much light you need to make your bedroom bright, calculate how many lumens (lm) – the unit for brightness – you need in total. We indicate the lumens for all light bulbs in our shop.
Example: A 10m² room needs around 1,000 to 1,500 lumens.
What materials are recommended for bedroom ceiling lights?
Bedroom ceiling lights don’t just need to be bright – they also need to accentuate the cosy aesthetic of the room. That’s why fabric lampshades and wooden frames are often used, as both materials create a warm and cosy feel. Bedroom ceiling lights with fabric lampshades emit an even softer light and come in simple and modern designs.
Which bedroom ceiling light designs are in high demand right now?
The Bauhaus style – with its timeless design of basic shapes providing maximum practical benefits – is still in demand today a century after it first came into fashion. It is precisely this simplicity we want when we look for modern furnishings. After all, aren’t we all searching for a style that will still be a trend for generations to come?
Many well-known designers have made it their business to design the perfect ceiling light. Bopp, in Germany, is a good example of this. CEO Leonhard Bopp describes the perfect light thus: “It has to have a flawless surface and allow the consumer to control the luminous colour and adjust the brightness. These are the things that make a light perfect for me.”
We believe that if practicality and timelessness go hand in hand, you’ve found the perfect ceiling light for your bedroom!
Which light bulbs can be used in a bedroom ceiling light?
We recommend LEDs. To achieve pleasant lighting from your bedroom ceiling lights, check the following light bulb features in the product specifications in our shop:
- Luminous colour: Warm white (less than 3,300 Kelvin) is recommended.
- Colour rendering: A minimum of 80 Ra is required to accurately replicate the colour of clothing items.
- Lumens: Follow the calculation mentioned above to determine the perfect brightness for your bedroom.
- Socket: LEDs are manufactured today as retrofits if they have not already been permanently installed. This means that they have fittings that can be screwed into a normal socket. Suitable LED light bulbs can be found via the respective bedroom ceiling light link. If you already have a ceiling light that you’d like to retrofit, check which socket it has and which fitting you need for your new LED light bulb.
- Dimming function: If you want to dim your light when using an LED bulb, the item details must indicate that the bulb is dimmable. To find out which dimmer you need, please speak with one of our expert advisors. You can find our contact details below.
What are the benefits of having smart LEDs in your bedroom ceiling lights?
Smart lighting is useful in every room of the house, especially when it comes to ceiling lights. You can benefit from:
Programmed lighting: A bright light in the morning can be a rather rude awakening, which is why smart lights can be programmed to turn on at a low brightness and gradually increase as you start to get up. The light emitted at the start of the day is also more of a bluish luminous colour to get you going in the morning, but changes to a warm reddish light for unwinding in the evening.
App-controlled dimming and adjusting: Embrace smart technology and use your smartphone to turn lights on and off, change the colour or dim them.
Enjoy all the benefits of LED technology:
- Long service life of 30+ years when used for approx. 4 hours a day
- High switching resistance, so you can play with the light to your heart’s content
- 100% brightness instantly
- Saves you money and benefits the environment, as fewer watts produce a greater brightness
- No mercury
Still have questions about bedroom ceiling lights or any other lighting topic? Our specialist advisers are happy to help. Give us a call us on +353 1 699 2138 or write to us using the contact form.